Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Well, I'M BRACED! Dr. Kravitz did "indirect bonding", which basically meant that they took impressions of my teeth and used those impressions to make a tray of my mouth which they put all the brackets in and were able to then precisely apply a whole row of brackets to my teeth at once instead of one-at-a-time. It was great.

SO GLAD to have the spacers out - but some of you have mentioned the immediate sense of relief. I didn't have that! There was too much other stuff (mouth-openers, a tongue holder, etc) in there to even notice. But she said my spacers were still "surprisingly tight" so I was worried about the molar bands - but they weren't bad and she guessed the right size off the bat. I REALLY like his assistant. YAY!

Bad news - they didn't have any light colors other than clear He's going to order some pearl or smoke for me for next time, thank goodness!

In the mean time.. here I am! 26 next week and they make me feel like a 15 year old. The biggest discomfort (so far) is the weird cheese-grater feeling on the inside of my lips. Kissing is fine, and my husband kindly made chili but i was afraid of staining so I sort of only ate it with the back of my mouth, lol. The colorful dots on the brackets are already gone, woohoo! I'm buying a waterpik tomorrow. Not biting down (though I finally figured out how to put my bite back together, after being off with the spacers lol.. but i haven't taken a pic since):















































My birthday is next Wednesday so I"ll be celebrating with some of my best friends on Saturday - I'll be curious to see what they all say but I've already posted pics on myspace and livejournal and archwired so the people who matter most have already seen them! :)

I won't pretend they aren't noticeable, nor will I pretend they're super comfortable, but I'm doing okay. I haven't used wax yet, I slept well enough, and the pain is very minimal thus far.

Also - must give a shout out to my awesome orthodontist Dr. Kravitz - both for making it better than I expected and for checking out my blog! :D

2 comments:

GraciieH said...

had mine fitted yesterday, bit painful this morning, i find a warm cloth is relieving! :] hope yours are okay x

Unknown said...

you should update us on how youre doing!!!!

~ *melissa*
(from archwired.com)